Event Coordinator (WorkBC Job Creation Partnership Program)
Langley Arts Council – Aldergrove, BC V4W 3B8
This position is a part of the WorkBC Job Creation Partnership Program and is funded by the Government of Canada and the Province of BC. This is a full-time seasonal position (30 hours a week) and will run for 28 weeks.
Eligibility requirements: The candidate must currently be on an EI claim OR have had an EI claim in the last 5 years OR have earned more than $2,000 in insurable earnings and paid employee EI premiums on those earnings in at least 5 of the last 10 years.
The Event Coordinator role will report to the Executive Director and Office Manager in their day-to-day duties.
- Candidate must be able to commit to regular full-time hours, 6-hour shifts, Tuesday through Saturday starting at 10 am (some variance in schedule, but not total hours, may be negotiated)
- Comfortable answering phone calls and taking messages.
- Providing general support to visitors and answering questions.
- Able to work independently and collaboratively as a team. A keen eye for detail.
- Competent at using MS Word and Excel and typing.
- Be organized and responsible; get work done and problem-solve without constant supervision.
- Excellent correspondence (internally and externally).
- Must be a team player. The LAC is a collaborative environment, and we are looking to find an addition to our hard-working team.
- Someone who takes both initiative and direction.
- Coordinating upcoming free community events.
- Source equipment needed, permits, supplies, and staff for events. As well as tear-down of events, removal of equipment, and supplies.
- Develop schedules for events and monitor timelines for production planning and implementation.
- Chair the task force for events that include other organizations and non-profits.
- Coordinating volunteers for events; including assessment, recruitment, and placement
- Booking technical staff for the day of event/festival.
- Organize and monitor sponsorship.
- Follow-up with sponsors, volunteers, and businesses.
- Developing and distributing marketing materials.
- Attending and overseeing events in the community on behalf of the Langley Arts Council.
The Langley Art Council strives to create a staff that is as diverse as our community and encourages applications from candidates who are IBPOC, LGBTQ2, persons with disabilities, and new Canadians.
All candidates must be able to provide 3 professional references.
Job Types: Full-time, Seasonal
Length: 28 weeks
Application deadline: 2022-10-07
Expected start date: 2022-10-18
Interested in applying and fit the criteria listed above? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume.